Feel engaged and keep smiling
From ages 13 onwards it is quite common for children to undertake less variety of sports and begin to focus on those which they enjoy most. Within this, the Teens programme is very appropriate, regardless of the child’s preferences, as it focuses on the following:
- Speed Agility Quickness (SAQ) type training.
- Introduction to resistance training, incorporating entry level dumb bells, resistance harnesses, kettlebells and punchpads.
- Core strength training via strength over bodyweight exercises and movement coaching.
- Structured aerobic and anaerobic training incorporating sprinting and intervals.
- Continuation of invasion games, reaction enhancing exercises and paired activities.
This enables all children in a group to remain engaged and feel that the sessions involve them whereas the traditional team sports can be dominated by a few individuals in each team, leaving many others to often feel obsolete.